When I began to offer teletherapy services, I wanted to make sure that my clients would be receiving treatment that was as good as in-person therapy. What I didn’t realize was that, in many cases, teletherapy could be even better than treatment in a brick-and-mortar location!
- Teletherapy eliminates transportation concerns. Families who do not have access to a vehicle or reliable public transportation often struggle to make it to appointments on time, or at all – Teletherapy eliminates this concern.
- Teletherapy reduces the hassle of trying to get an infant or toddler packed up in the car to drive to an appointment. Multiple this times the number of siblings who are tagging along, and you have a real savings of time and frustration for the parents!
- Teletherapy eliminates the cost of gas by allowing families to attend sessions from the comfort of their own homes. With the price of gas these days, that’s no small thing!
- Teletherapy reduces missed visits due to illness. When a child is slightly under the weather, families may hesitate to bring them in for an in-person therapy session. However, the child may be perfectly fine to participate in a therapy session from home. No germs spread, and no progress lost due to illness!
- Teletherapy is an ideal solution for medically fragile patients. There is no need to pack up to travel to a clinic, and patients are protected from exposure to the many germs that love to live in places like hospitals, schools, and clinics.
- Teletherapy happens on your schedule. Unlike offices that slot patients in for the same hour each week, I am able to offer clients flexible scheduling. Your time can change from week to week, and I also offer convenient evening and weekend appointments during times most offices would ever be open. For teen and adult clients, I can schedule sessions over a lunch break at work or during after school hours.