Everyone has the power and wisdom within to create a life of joy and success. I provide a caring, comfortable and supportive setting to make it possible for you to uncover your unique power. By listening with the heart and enhancing emotional communications I can help you find your way through difficult life transitions, relationship issues, parent difficulties, or symptoms of anxiety and depression.
My approaches to treatment include traditional psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT), as well as contemporary methods. Together we will explore patterns in beliefs, behaviors, thinking, and mood regulation that no longer serve your growth and personal empowerment. By learning how to feel, think, and behave in a new way you will invite joy, success, and personal fulfillment into your life.
Together we can figure out what might be getting in the way of you having the life or relationship that you desire but cannot currently achieve.
Areas of specialty for individual therapy:
- Finding relief from depression, anxiety, and past hurts
- Learning how to reduce and cope with stress
- Unpacking family of origin issues
- Cultivating positive self-worth and self-acceptance
- Managing life transitions, such as going to college, relocating, changing jobs, getting married, deciding to have children, and separation/divorce
- Career and professional development
We can often feel unhappy with our current situation or unsure about how to get to the next step in our lives. I strive to meet you where you’re at in each and every session, whilst helping you to find direction and move forward. My practice involves encouraging and challenging clients to identify and build upon their strengths to create positive changes in their lives.
Other areas of focus:
- Relationship issues or dating patterns that lead to unsuccessful, or “dead-end” romances
- Contemplating or recovering from a difficult break-up or divorce
- Dealing with infidelity (past or present) and betrayal
- Setting boundaries with a romantic partner or feeling codependent
- Physical intimacy and sexual fulfillment
- Gay/Lesbian/Bi-sexual/Transgender Issues
- Difficulties encountered in the dating scene and navigating successful ways to find a partner